We’re delighted to advise that our new reporting portal is now available!
You will notice that, from this morning, your regularly scheduled reports have a brand new look. With the new options now available, we will be in touch to review these scheduled reports with you but, if you would like to discuss anything in the meantime, please get in touch so we can help.
We will also be arranging one-on-one training sessions with clients who have direct access to the reporting portal but, again, please don’t hesitate to get in touch if there’s any help you need in the meantime.
Please note: when using the reporting portal for the first time it is a good idea to clear your web-browsers cache first (please go into the advanced options and clear everything except your saved passwords and active logins). If you require any assistance with this please get in touch.
This release includes the following main features:
- A brand new user interface
- Option to set filters at the individual chart level
- Create your own custom colour sets for all charts on a dashboard
- Protected segments and benchmarks
- New scheduled report options (email data as a .CSV file)
- New simple-to-use menu for reordering charts on a dashboard
- New chart types: e.g. radar charts, doughnut charts, polar area charts, word clouds
- Option to choose any chart type for any question type
- Option to rename chart titles
- New content validation options: e.g. choose whether to show, remove or display the ‘no data’ message when no data is available to chart; choose whether to send or suppress emails when no data exists for a scheduled report
- Option to show both percentages and numbers on the same table
- Option to set degree of precision (decimal places)
- An optional ‘filters’ appendix for your dashboard export
- Set custom colours on specific answer choices at the chart level
- Add commentary to your reports
- Add a custom title page and image to your report
- Add ‘targets’ as context for data displayed
- More display options for word clouds
- And more!
We’d love to hear about your experience with the new interface and any features you’d like to see added in the future. Please feel free to get in touch with us directly, or you can contact us using the ‘provide feedback’ button in the user menu.
Katrina and the team at get smart